Connect with ProQuest
Celebrate National Ice Cream Month
- The first ice cream parlor opened in New York in 1776.
- Ice cream is one of the top-selling treats in the U.S.
- Vanilla is the most popular ice cream flavor in the U.S. Next in line are chocolate and strawberry.
- The first ice cream production plant opened in Boston in 1851.
- Ice cream cones were invented in the early 1900s.
- The most popular ice cream topping in the U.S. is chocolate syrup.
- It takes about 3 gallons (or 12 pounds) of milk to produce only 1 gallon of ice cream!