Connect with ProQuest
U.S. Major Dailies provides access to the five most respected U.S. national and regional newspapers: The New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and the Wall Street Journal. With print and online editions, the titles offer researchers thorough and timely coverage of local, regional, and global events with journalistic balance and perspective. The content is available by 8 AM U.S. Eastern time each day and provides archives stretching as far back as 1980. All titles are cross searchable on the ProQuest platform.
- The New York Times (1980-present) - the paper of record in the U.S., best known for its analysis of news, issues and social changes.
- Wall Street Journal (1984-present) - the single most authoritative source of global and national business reporting.
- Washington Post (1987-present) - has distinguished itself through its reporting on international politics and policy, security and all facets of the U.S. government.
- Los Angeles Times (1985-present) - the perspective of the American West, lauded for its coverage of immigration, entertainment, and environmental.
- Chicago Tribune (1985-present) - keeping readers informed of the latest news from the Chicago area, the nation and the world every day. The Tribune has a reputation for investigative and public service journalism, earning 24 Pulitzer Prizes since 1932.
The ProQuest Advantage
Designed by EdTech Experts for Teaching, Learning and Research Success
ProQuest: The Most Comprehensive News Resource
Resources for any researcher seeking news information from three centuries to today
Access From a Single Interface
News reports, editorials, and, with ProQuest Historical and Recent Newspapers, advertisements, stock tables, cartoons, and more
Powerful Search Engine Opens 3,000 of the World’s News Sources to Users
From today’s local content to historical archives of the world’s most important dailies, ProQuest enables rich cross-searching of news for any information need
Modern, Intuitive, Responsive and Accessible
Today’s on-the-go users can access information anywhere, anytime – even offline
US Newsstream enables users to search current and extensive backfiles of U.S. news content and features top newspapers, wires, broadcast transcripts, blogs, and news sites in full-text format.Read more
Global Newsstream provides today's global news content – with archives that stretch back into the 1980s – from over 2,800 news sources including newspapers, newswires, transcripts, video, and digital-first content in full-text format.Read more
ProQuest Recent Newspapers
ProQuest Recent Newspapers titles are available individually or in regional collections. Coverage begins in the late 2000s and goes through the most recent issue with a 3-month embargo.Read more