Connect with ProQuest
History Study Center
Authoritative source for the study of history from ancient times through today
History Study Center is a curated collection of full-text journals and popular magazines covering a range of global historical topics and themes. The collection includes current and archival secondary sources for vital content and varied perspectives on thousands of topics from world history. Authoritative and engaging, the History Study Center provides a launching point for the study of world history from ancient times through today. HSC supports students preparing to complete the Cambridge International AS and A Level Global Perspectives & Research project, as well as completion of the Advanced Placement U.S. History and Advanced Placement World History examinations and course work.
- Foreign Affairs: A leading forum for discussion of American foreign policy and global affairs published by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR).
- History Today: A London-based and well-regarded history magazine publishing the world’s leading scholars on all periods, regions, and themes of history.
- Weider History Group: Seven popular history magazines including American History, Aviation History, and Military History.
Featured Scholarly Journals
- African Studies Review: Published by Cambridge University Press, the flagship scholarly journal of the African Studies Association contains the highest quality African studies scholarship in all academic disciplines.
- Digital Philology: A journal of medieval cultures from John Hopkins University Press, containing essays, manuscript studies, and reviews.
- Journal of Social History: Published by Oxford University Press, this top-ranked journal covers social history from all areas and periods.
- Journal of World History: Published by University of Hawaii Press, this journal presents research into historical questions on a global, comparative, cross-cultural, or transnational scale.
History Study Center provides the following features and tools:
- Article Text to Speech
- Language Translation
- Citation Generator (MLA, APA, Turabian)
- Citation Export to NoodleTools
- Integration with Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive and Google Classroom
- Responsive design, optimized for viewing on mobile devices
- Integration with Clever.com as well as Canvas and Moodle LMS
Covers a wide range of historical topics including ancient, regional, social, economic, modern, scientific, and historiography
Full-text magazines and scholarly journals aid in-depth research
Helps students complete advanced placement exams and course work
History Study Center is a curated collection of full-text journals and popular magazines which provide expansive coverage of a range of global historical topics and themes. The collection of authoritative current and archival secondary sources offers vital context and varied perspectives on thousands of topics from world history.
eLibrary®—the user-friendly general reference tool—delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content designed to support every range of user, including elementary students, college-prep and college-level researchers, and professional educators. Educators can even search for resources that correlate to state and national standards.eLibrary
ProQuest: Learning Literature
ProQuest Learning: Literature is a rich literature solution for schools that presents multiple literary traditions and perspectives and introduces high school literature students to poets, playwrights and novelists from diverse backgrounds.ProQuest: Learning Literature