Connect with ProQuest
Help novice researchers understand the major issues of the day with SIRS® Issues Researcher™.
When it comes to helping students understand the major issues of the day, SIRS Issues Researcher stands apart by offering balanced content selections from more than 2,000 international sources. ProQuest editors curate content to cover the pros, cons, and everything in between, on the most studied issues. SIRS Issues Researcher delivers diverse perspectives on today’s complex social issues with relevant, credible information and tools that equip students to think critically about global controversies.
Get right to the heart of an issue with special Leading Issues coverage. SIRS Issues Researcher provides not only the background information necessary to understanding an issue’s origins and key points of contention, but also
the current analysis that illuminates how the issue affects politics, personal beliefs, and current events.
Each Leading Issue Includes:
- A concise introductory overview, critical thinking questions, timeline, and reference materials for context.
- An essential question that introduces the issue’s pros and cons and highlights key points under debate.
- Relevant documents, statistics, and multimedia present global perspectives from all sides to help novice researchers explore the “whats” and the “whys” of an issue.
- Integration with Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive and Google Classroom, text-to-speech capability, a citation generator and citation export functions assure student success.
- To facilitate easy product access and document sharing, includes integrations with Clever, Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard and NoodleTools.
When you bring it all together, SIRS Issues Researcher is everything researchers need to investigate the toughest controversies—and to begin asking the questions that lead to critical thinking about complex social issues.
The ProQuest Advantage
Designed by EdTech Experts for Teaching, Learning and Research Success
Editorially vetted information built around core curricula and aligned with classroom assignments
High-quality resources that engage students and support classrooms with interactive media
Workflows That Guide Novice Users
Intuitive, made-for-purpose interfaces focus and engage young learners on their highest value tasks, so they use time efficiently
Modern, Intuitive, Responsive and Accessible
Today’s on-the-go users can access information anywhere, anytime – even offline
SIRS Discoverer is a general reference database for upper elementary and middle school learners, researchers, and educators covering curriculum areas such as reading, language arts, science, social studies, history, health and technology.Learn More
CultureGrams is the leading primary source reference for concise, reliable, and up-to-date cultural information on the countries of the world. It goes beyond mere facts and figures to deliver an insider's perspective on daily life and culture, including the history, customs, and lifestyles of the world's people.Learn More
eLibrary helps simplify the research process and empowers novice researchers to more easily and efficiently choose their research topic and find authoritative information to support their research claim. It delivers one of the largest collections of periodical and digital media content editorially selected to support novice researchers.Learn More